- Step 1: Clean out Clean out the stuff you don't need from your bag every night. Don't lug around more weight than you need to.
- Step 2: Limit the weight Limit the weight of your bag. Don't carry more than 2 percent of your body weight -- especially using just one shoulder! A lighter bag can ease muscle strain.
- TIP: Buy a smaller bag to encourage yourself to keep the weight of the bag down. If you don't have room for the heavy stuff you can't carry it!
- Step 3: Switch shoulders Switch shoulders every 15-20 minutes so that one side isn't holding all the weight.
- TIP: Adjust the strap so that the bag can lay across the body.
- Step 4: Maintain your muscles Maintain your muscles so they can more easily handle the weight of your bag. Perform back stretches, use good posture, follow a strength training regimen at the gym that strengthens your back, and treat yourself to the occasional massage.
- FACT: In 2007, Chanel unveiled a purse that was encrusted with 334 diamonds and cost over $250,000.
You Will Need