- Step 1: Check out the Home screen Start at the Home screen, Boxee's entertainment hub. Icons across the top represent videos your friends share on social networks, stuff you've saved for later, Boxee's movie and TV show libraries, apps, and files from your home network or external hard drive.
- Step 2: Use the remote control Check out the Boxee Box remote control. One side has a full QWERTY keyboard you can use to search Boxee or browse the web. Flip the remote over for basic controls, including a menu button you can tap for quick access to get anywhere within the Boxee universe.
- Step 3: Find a TV show Select Shows to browse Boxee's most popular television shows -- narrow the field by genre, channel, or shows stored on your network. Pick an episode and decide whether to watch it right away, save it for later, or share it.
- TIP: Select the star icon in the upper right corner to mark a show as a favorite and have new episodes appear automatically in your Watch Later list.
- Step 4: Browse movies In the mood for a movie? Select Movies to browse films from across the web and your personal collection. Use the drop-down menu to filter and sort the selections to find what you want quickly and easily.
- Step 5: Browse the apps Browse Apps to find entertainment, sports, music, photos, and other cool stuff from around the web. Mark apps you use most as favorites for easy access. For apps and services that require you to sign in online, use Boxee's own web browsing app.
- TIP: You can also use Boxee's web browser to search anything online.
- Step 6: Access computer files Use the Files menu to access media on your home network or from an external hard drive or memory card plugged into the Boxee Box. Select the folders containing your collection -- Boxee will catalog the files automatically into an easy-to-navigate library for you.
- Step 7: Extend Boxee's reach Half the fun of finding new stuff is sharing it. Link Boxee with your social networks using the Boxee website at "Boxee.tv":http://www.boxee.tv/; then share your favorites and view your friends' favorites, including videos they've posted online, by clicking on the Friends menu. And don't worry -- Boxee's privacy controls help you manage who sees what.
- Step 8: Explore the Box To truly get the most out of the Boxee Box, explore it! Click through the apps, browse the media, and start enjoying all the great, free entertainment out there for you.
- FACT: Boxee is named after the founder's much-loved dog Uma, who was a boxer.
You Will Need
- Boxee Box
- Boxee Box remote control
- Internet access
- External hard drive (optional)
- SD Card (optional)
- Computer with a shared network (optional)