- Step 1: Go to the website Go to nycmarathon.org/results to get the results for the latest marathon.
- Step 2: Enter search criteria Enter the search criteria, including first and last name, bib number, state, country represented, team, or age group.
- TIP: Be as specific as possible in your search to narrow results.
- Step 3: Get a list Get a list of results, which includes place number, gender place, age place, finish time, split times, and minutes per mile.
- Step 4: Search the archives Search the results archives on the website for the results of past marathons dating from 1970. Enter one of a number of criteria, including year, first and last name, top finishers, top finishers by category, top wheelchair finishers, or race number to find results.
- FACT: The first New York City Marathon took place in 1970 with a mere 127 runners. In 2009, there were 44,177 runners.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Search criteria