Skip to main content

How to Cook an Easter Brunch

Whether Easter brunch is a casual gathering or a more formal affair, these tips will ease your stress for a successful mid-morning meal.


  • Step 1: Plan your menu Plan a menu that includes cold dishes like deviled eggs, fresh fruit, and a salad, fresh baked muffins or bread, and one or two hot dishes like a casserole or souffle for your Easter brunch.
  • TIP: Choose spring foods like asparagus and ham to include in your brunch dishes.
  • Step 2: Start the night before Start the night before by prepping the casserole and storing it in the fridge so you can bake it the next morning. Prepare and bake your muffins or bread and store them in an airtight plastic container.
  • TIP: Bake enough muffins for each person to have at least two, you can always send the leftovers home with your guests.
  • Step 3: Cook the eggs Cook and slice the deviled eggs the day before and then cover and refrigerate. Prepare and mix your yolk filling and store separately in a plastic bag. The morning of the brunch, snip the corner of the bag and fill the eggs easily.
  • Step 4: Set out a bowl of fruit Set out a bowl of fresh fruit the morning of the brunch. Provide small plates and toothpicks so guests can serve themselves.
  • Step 5: Provide juice and coffee Set up a smaller table away from the food for tomato, orange, and apple juice in pitchers. Put out a pot of coffee with cream and sugar, and hot water for tea.
  • Step 6: Cook casserole Put the casserole in the oven about 1 hour before the guests arrive. Load the muffins in a dish and pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes so they get warm and steamy. Wrap any bread in tinfoil and do the same.
  • Step 7: Wait for guests to arrive Allow your guests to nibble on fruit, warm muffins, and juice, tea or coffee until everyone has arrived. Afterward, set out the hot dishes near the fruit and salad and let everyone chow down on your perfect Easter brunch.
  • FACT: The United States produces over 90 billion eggs annually, 75 percent of which are used for human consumption, while the other 25 percent are devoted to hatcheries.

You Will Need

  • Menu
  • Plates
  • Toothpicks
  • Guests

Popular Categories