- Step 1: Plan out the trip together Plan the trip together and include activities that you'll both love. This should be about strengthening the connection between you and your partner, and anticipating the trip together will bring you closer.
- Step 2: Stay in your room Spend some quality time in your room. Order room service and spend the whole day "getting to know each other."
- TIP: Turn off the cellphones, televisions, and other distractions.
- Step 3: Get your heart pumping Do something active together, whether it's playing tennis, hiking, or going for a long walk or bike ride. Engaging in physical activity is a fun way to bond and to get your heart pumping.
- Step 4: Don't hold back Use the change of scenery and the downtime to tell your partner the romantic things they don't get to hear often enough.
- Step 5: Splurge Splurge on something that you don't normally get to have together. Go for a romantic dinner or schedule a couples massage. You're already on vacation; you might as well do it all!
- FACT: According to a 2010 poll by Travel and Leisure magazine, Honolulu is the best American city for a romantic escape.
You Will Need
- Romantic partner
- Physical activity
- Ability to show your feelings