- Step 1: Tour your dollar store Tour your local dollar store to peruse their selection of vases, candles, lanterns, dishware, and other decorations to start forming a plan.
- TIP: Splurge on the important things like a dress, cake, location, and a photographer to record those important moments.
- Step 2: Start planning early Start planning early to give yourself enough time to find everything you need. You may need to visit more than one store to find everything, but doing the legwork yourself will save even more dough.
- Step 3: Pick a theme Pick a theme that you can pull off with dollar store decorations such as a simple black and white affair, a tropical luau, or a colorful pastel gathering.
- Step 4: Create your own invitations Piece together your own invitations and thank-you notes using store-bought stationery. Use a laser printer and a classy font for a professional look.
- TIP: Ask a friend who practices calligraphy if they would write out the invitations for a reduced price.
- Step 5: Get crafty Use glitter, markers, glass pebbles and jewels, and whatever else you can find to create stunning table centerpieces and craft the perfect atmosphere.
- Step 6: Recruit help Recruit family and friends to place your table centerpieces, set up chairs and tables, and decorate as you prepare to take your vows and celebrate your big day.
- FACT: Las Vegas, the wedding capital of the world, issues over 120,000 wedding licenses a year.
You Will Need
- Dollar store
- Laser printer
- Calligrapher (optional)