- Step 1: Do nice things Do something nice for your husband every day, using a smile, a kind word, or a soft touch. Be the best wife, supportive and kind, by listening to his problems.
- Step 2: Be a friend and confidant Support your husband and understand his needs like a best friend would. An open ear and an open mind work best.
- TIP: Love your husband, but earn and demand his respect and attention.
- Step 3: Avoid insecurity Act confident by accepting his compliments and shows of appreciation. Disrespecting his love for you by diminishing the worth he feels for you is a turn-off.
- Step 4: Keep your friends Give him space, and take advantage of having time to yourself. Go out with your friends as well -- it's too much pressure to expect him to supply all your needs for friendship and activities.
- Step 5: Acknowledge his thoughtfulness Acknowledge his thoughtfulness. If you want it to continue as part of the marriage, you have to let him know it's appreciated.
- Step 6: React better Find positive and respectful ways to react better to his shortcomings and habits. Nagging only irritates the situation.
- TIP: Women can sometimes expect men to know everything on their mind as a test of their attentiveness. Men want clarity. Drop the games and declare what you want.
- Step 7: Be there for him Provide the counterpoints for his sometimes overwhelming sense of being defeated by the big cold competitive world. To know that the person he values most in the world believes in him when he can't is huge. Be his rock.
- FACT: The Mrs. America title, the first recognition of the ideal wife, originated in 1938 at Palisades Amusement Park in New Jersey.
You Will Need