- Step 1: Stand upright Stand upright to start and keep your spine straight throughout the exercise.
- TIP: Hold weights in your hands to add more resistance to build muscles.
- Step 2: Step forward Step forward with your left leg and shift your weight, lifting up on to your right foot's toes.
- Step 3: Bend your knee Bend your left knee so that your thigh ends up parallel with the ground.
- Step 4: Stay in line Stay in line. Square up your hips -- don't allow them to tilt to one side or the other. Keep your left knee from moving inward or outward and make sure that it doesn't go past your left toe. Both knees should be at 90-degree angles.
- Step 5: Return to start Return to start by pushing off of your left heel. Repeat 15 to 20 times, then switch sides.
- FACT: The U.S. National Federation of Personal Trainers was founded in 1988.
You Will Need
- Enthusiasm for exercise
- Weights (optional)