- Step 1: Find quiet Find a quiet place, lie flat, and relax your body and mind using a progressive muscle relaxation technique to achieve a state of near-sleep.
- TIP: The best times to achieve an OBE are when you wake up in the morning and when you go to bed at night.
- Step 2: Observe Observe patterns of light and darkness through your closed eyelids while deepening your sense of relaxation.
- Step 3: Enter vibration state Allow yourself to enter a state of vibration, in which you feel a sense of tingling throughout your body.
- TIP: Purchase an instruction tape if you are unable to achieve OBE states on your own.
- Step 4: Visualize Visualize a small object with your mind's eye, floating about 6 feet above you.
- Step 5: Sway the object Sway the visualized object before picturing it move close enough to your body that you can mentally grab it.
- Step 6: Disassociate Allow the object to pull you away from your body and disassociate you from your form to achieve an OBE.
- TIP: Expect a moment of unconsciousness when you leave your body.
- Step 7: Explore Explore the new dimension you enter, and all the mysteries which manifest. Now, feel free to develop your own OBE techniques to achieve an enlightened state of mind and higher mental function.
- FACT: 23 percent of people who survive a major heart attack say they had an out-of-body experience.
You Will Need
- Quiet place
- Relaxed state
- Visualization techniques
- OBE audio tape (optional)