- Step 1: Download ringtone Download a free ringtone from the internet or use a snippet of a song or audio file already saved on your computer.
- TIP: Make sure the song snippet is a small file--usually it'll need to be less than 1 megabyte.
- Step 2: Establish e-mail address Establish your cellphone's MMS e-mail address, which is your ten digit phone number, including area code, followed by the MMS extension of your cellphone carrier.
- TIP: If you're still unsure of your MMS extension, simply send a picture message from your phone to your e-mail address. The phone's full e-mail address will display in the header.
- Step 3: Compose message Compose a message from your e-mail account and address it to your cellphone's MMS e-mail address.
- Step 4: Attach ringtone Browse your computer for the ringtone, which should be located in iTunes or your other audio, sound, or music files. Attach it to the e-mail and send it to your phone.
- Step 5: Open text Open the message once it reaches your phone. Select Options from your phone's menu and opt to save the file as a ringtone or, if that choice is not available, save as an audio or sound file. You can then save it as a ringtone. Then enjoy the dulcet tones emanating from your cell.
- FACT: A survey found that 61 percent of mobile shoppers bought a ringtone or app in 2010.
You Will Need