- Step 1: Get regular cuts Get regular cuts to keep the hair healthy. Be sure to start with a cut before even beginning the growing process. It is necessary to remove all damaged hair.
- Step 2: Eat well Eat well. Make sure your diet stays nutritious so that your tresses can get what they need to naturally be strong.
- Step 3: Be gentle Be gentle with your hair. Things like blow-dryers, straighteners, and curling irons should be avoided if at all possible.
- TIP: Use special shampoos and conditioners that are labeled as gentle.
- Step 4: Don't pull hair Don't pull hair back into styles that stress the roots or ends. Avoid tight coils or small braids.
- Step 5: Let it get dirty Let your hair get a little dirty. You don't have to wash it everyday and in fact, you shouldn't. Follow these tips and you'll have long flowing locks faster than you ever thought possible.
- FACT: John Paul DeJoria and Paul Mitchell launched the Paul Mitchell line of haircare products with just $700 to start.
You Will Need
- Regular trims
- Well-balanced diet
- Desire for long hair
- Gentle shampoos and conditioners (optional)