- Step 1: Determine Determine which kind of Windows Operating System you are using. If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, your system will manage networks automatically.
- Step 2: Click Start If you're using XP, click Start then open the Control Panel. Find the Switch to Classic View button in the Control Panel and click it.
- Step 3: Open Network Connections Open Network Connections then double-click the Wireless Network Connection icon.
- Step 4: Click the Properties Click the Properties button. Look for the boxes at the bottom of the Properties window that read "Show icon in notification area when connected" and "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" and make sure they are both checked.
- TIP: You could also right click on the Wireless Network Connection icon and click Properties from there.
- Step 5: Open Wireless Networks tab Open the Wireless Networks tab and make sure the box labeled "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" is checked. Then click OK and enjoy surfing wirelessly.
- FACT: The Empire State Building has 6,514 double-hung, double-pane windows.
You Will Need
- Knowledge of your operating system
- Wireless capabilities
- Clicking prowess