- Step 1: Show up on time Show up on time, ready to work and ready to get things done. Punctuality will be noticed and result in advancement, eventually.
- Step 2: Fight boredom Volunteer for new projects to stave off boredom and for the opportunity to learn new skills. If your job has become a rote exercise, take some initiative and get excited about something else.
- TIP: Challenge yourself, even if it feels risky and outside of your comfort zone.
- Step 3: Motivate by example Motivate others to work by setting a good example and having a positive attitude that inspires. Your manager will see that and take note of it.
- Step 4: Network with coworkers Network and cultivate friendly relationships with coworkers. Relationships are how business thrives and how you get ahead.
- Step 5: Believe in yourself Believe in yourself and the success you deserve. Most people who accomplish their goals in life and at work identify a key attitude for success -- the absolute belief that you can do anything you desire with hard work.
- FACT: By 2007, women owned 7.8 million businesses, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration. These generated $1.2 trillion in revenues, and provided $218 billion in payroll to 7.6 million workers.
You Will Need
- Good example
- Belief in yourself