- Step 1: Make eye contact Make eye contact with your partner when you talk to them -- don't be shy. Give them all of your attention to build trust and increase the intimacy in any relationship.
- Step 2: Whisper sweet nothings Whisper sweet nothings into your partner's ear. Leave a note or two around the house to let them know you're thinking about them -- even when you're not around.
- TIP: A text message or e-mail can be just as romantic, but be wary of who else may be eavesdropping.
- Step 3: Set the scene Set the scene putting away cellphones, turning off the TV, drawing the curtains, and lighting some candles. Make it just about the two of you and the moment.
- Step 4: Reconnect in your marriage Reconnect over a shared experience, such as cooking dinner together, taking a pottery class, or going to a baseball game.
- TIP: Low-key options include cuddling on the couch with a favorite movie and reading a book together.
- Step 5: Be open Be open and vulnerable to your partner. Share your deepest feelings, including your dreams and fears. This kind of honesty will bring you both closer to one another.
- Step 6: Touch Embrace and hold hands. Physical closeness can inspire emotional closeness. With a little practice, your relationship will become stronger than ever.
- FACT: Swans, gibbons, wolves, and doves all mate for many years -- sometimes for life -- just like humans.
You Will Need
- Kind words
- Romantic message
- Movie or book
- Soft touch