- Step 1: Get plenty of sleep Get plenty of sleep. Your body needs 7 to 8 1/2 hours a night. Many metabolic processes occur when you're sleeping.
- TIP: There is nothing wrong with taking a nap if you need one.
- Step 2: Exercise Exercise when you can. Exercise is important for both your mental and physical health.
- Step 3: Don't stress Don't stress out. Set aside a few minutes of quiet time each day, shutting out all distractions, to calm down and gain focus.
- TIP: Learn to say "no." You don't have time for absolutely everything; some things just have to wait.
- Step 4: Brush your teeth Brush your teeth and gums. Your dental health has more to do with your overall health than you might think.
- Step 5: Be social Be social. Health is more than just your physical well-being. You need to have emotional needs met and that means maintaining family and friend relationships. Surround yourself with people who care about you for your whole happy, healthy life.
- FACT: World Health Day was started in 1948 by the first World Health Assembly.
You Will Need
- Time to relax
- Time to nap (optional)
- Ability to say &quot;no&quot; (optional)