- Step 1: Include a label Include a label on the inside of the package as well as on the outside with the complete destination address and your return address.
- Step 2: Take out batteries Take all batteries out of electronic devices before shipping.
- Step 3: Use a shipping box Use a box designed for shipping. Do not use gift boxes -- they are not strong enough and may get damaged during transportation.
- TIP: If you want the recipient to be able to unwrap the present, place the wrapped gift in a shipping box for safe transportation.
- Step 4: Secure with packaging tape Secure all seams of the box with packaging tape.
- Step 5: Fill out address Fill out the address to whoever is receiving the gift. Make sure it's written accurately, you don't want to get it back!
- Step 6: Provide sufficient postage Provide sufficient postage. If you're unsure of how many stamps to put on it, take it to the post office and they'll weigh it and send it out for you.
- FACT: In 2009, Warren Buffet gave $1.25 billion to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation -- part of his plan to ultimately give the foundation more than $30 billion.
You Will Need
- Shipping box
- Packaging tape
- Proper postage