- Step 1: Select an achievable goal Select a long-term goal that you can reach with hard work and determination. If you have more than one goal, prioritize them.
- Step 2: Write down the goal Write down the goal. This will help you remember it and improve the chances that it will be achieved.
- Step 3: Set a date Set a date for achieving the goal. Write it down, and make sure you do enough each day to stay on the path to that date.
- Step 4: Create a plan Create a plan for reaching your goal. The plans should include specific steps that you will take to meet the goal.
- TIP: Think of these steps as short-term goals.
- Step 5: Post your goal Post your goal and the steps that you will need to take to achieve it in a place where you will see it every day. This will keep the plan fresh in your mind.
- Step 6: Review Periodically review your plan and decide whether you need to make adjustments to it. Very few long-term plans are accomplished without some changes along the way. Now get started!
- FACT: On November 8, 1970, Tom Dempsey of New Orleans Saints kicked an NFL record 63-yard field goal.
You Will Need
- Achievable goal
- Plan for achieving the goal
- Adjustments to the plan