- Step 1: Know yourself Know who you are and what you want in a relationship. Accepting yourself as worthy to be loved isn't always easy, and can take some practice, but it is the first step to letting love in.
- Step 2: Learn to trust other people Learn to trust other people and be more open to new experiences. Don't try to micromanage and make everything perfect, just let things happen naturally and accept them as they come.
- Step 3: Develop compassion Develop compassion for other people, especially for your partner. Talk to them about how they feel at different moments and learn to experience these emotions with them at the same time.
- TIP: Discover how to put your emotions into words to better understand them.
- Step 4: Ask for what you want Ask your significant other for something specific such as a kiss in the morning, a hug, or kind words. Practice accepting these gifts so that when they come unexpectedly, you'll know how to react.
- Step 5: Share something personal Share something personal with someone you love and describe how it made you feel. Accept their empathy for you openly to build a stronger connection and allow yourself be loved.
- FACT: A 2010 MRI scan revealed that love is felt in the reward and pleasure zones of the brain and elicits the same feelings of a drug addiction.
You Will Need
- Practice accepting affection
- Personal confession
- Written emotions (optional)