- Step 1: Add some crunch Add some crunch to your instant ramen with finely diced cabbage or diced green onion.
- Step 2: Slice up some sausage Slice up some precooked sausage into discs to up the protein of the dish. Look for low-sodium alternatives to avoid a salt overload with your noodles.
- Step 3: Make it incredible Make your ramen incredible with a simple egg. Either hard-boil and slice the egg to add to the top of your bowl, or crack a raw egg and let it cook for a few minutes in the boiling broth to poached perfection.
- Step 4: Go Asian Sprinkle of moyashi sprouts or a sheet of nori and let soften for a minute. Top with precooked frozen shrimp for a seafood extravaganza.
- TIP: Look for moyashi sprouts and nori sheets at your local Asian or whole foods store.
- Step 5: Sprinkle with some cheese Sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a salty, savory bite that complements the broth.
- Step 6: Make it better with butter Butter up your ramen with a little pat to thicken the broth for a more creamy texture and continue to explore the possibilities of this simple Japanese meal with your own add-ins.
- FACT: A survey from 2000 found that Japanese people believed their country's greatest invention of the 20th century was the instant noodle.
You Will Need
- Green onions
- Precooked sausage
- Moyashi sprouts
- Nori sheets
- precooked shrimp
- Parmesan cheese