- Step 1: Understand the basics Understand the basic elements of deep meditation, including focused attention, relaxed breathing, quiet, and a comfortable position.
- Step 2: Position the body Position your body comfortably in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- TIP: Play soothing music as you meditate to achieve deeper relaxation.
- Step 3: Breathe Breathe deeply, placing focus on your inhale and exhale, returning your attention to the breath whenever thoughts appear.
- Step 4: Connect Make the mind-body connection as you focus on relaxing the entire body while you continue to take slow, deep breaths and release all tension.
- TIP: Strive for states of restful alertness. Realize that meditation takes practice to achieve the highest results.
- Step 5: Experiment Experiment with other types of meditation practices that can help you attain a deep inner calm, like yoga, guided imagery, tai chi, Qi gong, or mindfulness. Share your harmony and love with all the world and it will be a happier place.
- FACT: The Transcendental Meditation techniques of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi were made popular in the West by the Beatles in the 1960s.
You Will Need
- Meditation basics
- Comfortable place
- Meditation practice
- Soothing music (optional)