- Step 1: Log into your account Open a web browser and log into your Facebook account.
- Step 2: Go to your home page Go to your home page by clicking on the "Home" link.
- Step 3: Click Messages link Click the Messages link or the Messages icon in the Facebook toolbar.
- Step 4: Click New Message Click on the New Message button on the Messages page. Messages can only be sent to 20 friends or e-mail addresses at one time, so you may have to send more than one message to include everyone. Type in friends' names from your friends' list or enter their e-mail addresses into the "To" field of the pop-up window.
- TIP: You can also set up a group with all of your friends in it to send a blanket message to all group members. Be aware that the 20-person limit still applies when you're messaging a group.
- Step 5: Write your message Write your message, attach any pictures or videos, and click the "Send" button. In no time, your friends will receive your recent newsflash.
- FACT: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg donated $100 million to the Newark, New Jersey, public school system in 2010.
You Will Need
- Facebook account
- Friends list