- Step 1: Cut the zucchini Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick pieces and toss the pieces in the olive oil.
- Step 2: Mix ingredients Mix the cheese, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley in a bowl. Dredge the zucchini slices through the mixture, coating both sides of the zucchini.
- TIP: Try using a half Parmesan, half Romano cheese mixture.
- Step 3: Bake Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the coated zucchini rounds on a greased baking sheet and transfer them to the oven. Bake the zucchini rounds for 15 minutes, flip them, and then bake for another 15 minutes, until they're brown.
- Step 4: Serve Serve your baked zucchini slices warm with dip. Enjoy your zucchini chips as a great party appetizer or tasty after school treat!
- FACT: The first records of zucchini in the United States date to the early 1920s.
You Will Need
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- plus more for greasing
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Optional: (optional)
- Grated Romano cheese (optional)