- Step 1: Choose a flirting style Choose a flirting style. A communications researcher found there are different types of flirting: physical flirts aren't bashful about showing sexual attraction, polite flirts are more subdued, sincere flirts are straightforward about their romantic intentions, and playful flirts are more interested in the game than in scoring.
- Step 2: Make the first move Make the first move. It shows confidence, which is the hallmark of a great flirt.
- Step 3: Listen carefully Give the person your undivided attention. The best flirts make whomever they're talking to feel like the only person in the room.
- TIP: Ask for the person's opinion on something; people love to feel that what they think matters.
- Step 4: Take mental notes Make a mental note of something they say so you can circle back to it later. It not only shows people you're listening, but makes them think you've got something in common.
- Step 5: Hold back a little Hold back a little. The best flirts are subtle; they don't try to overpower people with their charm.
- Step 6: Be in a good mood Be in a good mood, or at least fake it. Remember: The best flirts aren't just sexy; they're fun.
- FACT: One study found that women with high concentrations of the sex hormone oestradiol are bigger flirts and are more likely to cheat on their partners.
You Will Need
- Flirting style
- Listening skills
- Happy demeanor