- Step 1: Fold diagonally On a flat surface, fold your scarf diagonally in half so that you have a triangle with one slightly longer side, or base.
- TIP: Start with your hair in a low ponytail—this way it won't get caught in your knots Once you have the head scarf on, you can take your hair down.
- Step 2: Pull back side points Center the base against your forehead, allowing the top point of the triangle to lay back against your head, and pull the two side points back behind your head.
- TIP: Make sure the scarf is above your eyebrow. Letting the scarf fall too far down in front of your forehead will ruin the appeal.
- Step 3: Knot side points Knot the two side points over the top point of the scarf, don your oversized sunglasses, and pretend you're a celebrity incognito.
- FACT: This style used to be called a babushka, which is Russian for "grandmother."
You Will Need
- A square scarf
- And a flat surface