- Step 1: Spread scarf Spread large square scarf on a flat surface in the shape of a diamond.
- Step 2: Bring up bottom point Bring bottom point toward top point, placing it a little above the middle of the scarf.
- Step 3: Bring top point down Fold the scarf again, this time bringing the top point down to the straight, closed end of the scarf.
- Step 4: Fold bottom edge Fold the bottom edge over so that it is now directly in line with the scarf points on the left and right.
- Step 5: Fold top edge Fold the top edge down to the newly-formed bottom edge.
- Step 6: Fold entire scarf Fold the entire scarf again, lengthwise.
- Step 7: Hold scarf against neck Hold the scarf against the front of your neck.
- TIP: If you have a scarf that's too small to work with, tie it around your favorite handbag.
- Step 8: Wrap scarf Wrap the scarf around your neck, looping at the back. Keep the sections adjacent to one another, not on top.
- Step 9: Knot ends Bring the ends back to the front and knot.
- Step 10: Rotate scarf Rotate the scarf gently until the knot is at the side of your neck.
- Step 11: Knot again Secure with another knot.
- FACT: Before 1900, scarves were used exclusively as head coverings, not fashion accessories.
You Will Need
- A large square scarf
- A flat surface