- Step 1: Create anticipation Create anticipation by telling your lover what you hope will happen in bed later. To keep things fresh, vary how you convey this information.
- Step 2: Read your partner Read your partner's mood. If you sense they'd like to be wooed, bring on the candlelight dinner. If they're stressed out, give them a massage. When they're ready for down and dirty, don't hesitate to shed your clothes and inhibitions. The best lovers gauge their partner's emotional temperature before making a move.
- Step 3: Pay attention Pay close attention to every sigh, moan, wiggle, spasm, contraction, and intake of breath that your partner makes. If you do, you'll quickly learn exactly what they do and don't like.
- TIP: Never assume that what worked for your last partner will turn on your current one.
- Step 4: Prime your mind Prime your mind and body for great sex by fantasizing about something -- or even someone -- that turns you on. To be the best lover, you need to be turned on, too!
- TIP: Women who masturbate to orgasm before sexual intercourse have an easier time climaxing during sex.
- Step 5: Keep learning Keep brushing up your skills by reading about new techniques or surfing the web for tips. You're never too old to learn new sex tricks.
- Step 6: Play it safe Use a condom if you're not in a monogamous relationship; there are several interesting ways to incorporate them into foreplay. After all, part of being the best lover is to know how to make safe sex hot.
- FACT: Spanish men were rated the best lovers in a poll, followed by Brazilian men and Italian men.
You Will Need
- Sexual fantasies
- New sex tricks
- Masturbation (optional)