- Step 1: Shower or bathe Begin by showering or bathing in hot water. Hot water softens your hair, opens pores and relaxes skin, making it easier to shave.
- Step 2: Lather legs w/ shaving cream While still in the shower or tub, lather up your legs with shaving cream.
- Step 3: Start at top of foot & pull up Using a razor with a sharp, clean blade, start at the top of your foot and pull gently up the entire length of your leg in one smooth stroke.
- TIP: To avoid nicks or cuts around your ankle, flex your heel to stretch the skin around the bone when you shave.
- Step 4: Pull skin taut w/ one hand Pull sections of leg skin straight and taut with one hand, and use the razor with the other. Shave against the direction your hair grows.
- TIP: Don’t put too much pressure on your razor, because this can cause razor burn and skin irritations.
- Step 5: Rinse razor blade Rinse your razor blade after every few strokes to remove the shaving cream and hair.
- TIP: To trim your bikini area, shave in the direction the hair grows, then re-lather with shaving cream and shave lightly against the direction of the growth. Be gentle: The coarser hair makes this area more prone to razor burn.
- Step 6: Moisturize legs Moisturize your legs with an alcohol-free lotion, which will soften the skin without burning or stinging. Voila! Perfectly smooth legs for nearly 72 hours.
- FACT: Some experts say a racy World War Two pinup of Betty Grable flaunting her bare legs was the inspiration for U.S. women to make leg-shaving a routine.
You Will Need
- Hot water
- Tub or shower to shave in
- Shaving cream
- Alcohol-free lotion