- Step 1: Allergy-proof your bedroom Allergy-proof your bedroom: Millions of people are allergic to spring pollen, and 83 percent of them say their condition has adversely affected their sex life. Keep the bedroom windows shut, dry all bedding indoors, and shower before bedtime so you don't bring pollen into the boudoir.
- Step 2: Buy new underwear Spring clean your underwear and nightwear drawers -- both his and hers -- and replace any stained, worn-out, or just plain ugly items with a few sexy new pieces.
- Step 3: Feng shui your bedroom Use feng shui -- the ancient Chinese philosophy of creating harmony with the universe through objects -- to spring clean your sex life: Angle the bed so that you and your lover face the door when you're sitting up; wrap the legs of your bed in red; and clear the area beneath your bed of any dirt or clutter.
- TIP: If it's not possible for the bed to face the door, position a mirror so you can see the door from the bed.
- Step 4: Leave your electronics at the door Banish phones and other electronic devices from the bedroom. Because our brains have become conditioned to react to the sound of our wireless devices, sex experts say that even if you don't check them, they're bound to be a distraction.
- Step 5: Rearrange the pillows Experiment with putting pillows of different sizes, shapes, and firmness under different parts of your body during sex to make old positions feel new.
- Step 6: Try a little S&M Introduce some mild sadomasochism to your sex life, in the form of spanking. One study found it increased feelings of closeness in couples who tried it. Spring cleaning never felt so good!
- FACT: Watermelon contains ingredients that create Viagra-like effects to the body's blood vessels and may increase libido.
You Will Need
- New underwear and nightwear
- Red material
- Mirror (optional)