- Step 1: Load up on spring veggies Head to your local supermarket -- or, better still, a farmer's market -- and load up on spring produce.
- Step 2: Know your portions Know proper portion sizes: One carbohydrate serving is a slice of bread; 1/3 cup cooked rice or 1/2 cup cooked pasta; or 1 cup cold cereal. One protein serving? A 2- to 3-ounce piece of meat, chicken, or fish -- about the size of a deck of cards; 1 egg; 1/2 cup cooked dry beans; or 1/3 cup nuts. One dairy serving includes 1 cup yogurt or 2 dice-sized pieces of cheese.
- Step 3: Eat a good breakfast Eat a 200- to 300-calorie breakfast that includes half a protein serving, 1 carb, and 1 fruit serving -- either 1 piece, or 1/2 cup. Cantaloupe, honeydew, apricots, mangoes, and strawberries are all available in the spring. Starting the day right will help you get thin by summer.
- Step 4: Eat a healthy lunch Eat a 300-to 400-calorie lunch that includes half a protein serving; unlimited low-starch veggies; and 1 serving of fat, such as 1 teaspoon butter and 1 tablespoon salad dressing. If you like salad, butter lettuce, endive, spinach, radicchio, and arugula are all in season.
- TIP: Avoid starchy vegetables like white potatoes, green peas, and corn.
- Step 5: Eat a good dinner Get thin by summer by eating a 400- to 500-calorie dinner: Include 1 protein serving; unlimited low-starch vegetables; 1 carb, and 2 fats. Fava beans, green beans, okra, and carrots are plentiful in the spring.
- Step 6: Enjoy 2 daily snacks Enjoy 2 snacks per day, which can be either a serving of fruit or a low-fat dairy serving. And low-starch vegetables are unlimited if you don't add any fat to them, so feel free to nosh on spring treats like sugar snaps, radishes, and blanched asparagus. Now you know how to get thin by summer. See you at the beach!
- FACT: Sixty-five percent of women surveyed from 15 countries say they'd reward themselves with a new pair of jeans if they hit their weight goal.
You Will Need
- Seasonal produce
- Portion control
- Balanced meals
- Healthy snacks
Section: It's the PMCs! Harper, you were right. They're already inside the server room! Let's go! Come on, come on! Ready? Go!
Section: Placing the uplink. You sure this will work Farid?
Farid: I thought you had faith in me? Okay, we're in.
Section: The Karma weapon may have been smuggled on board alongside regular supplies. Search supply manifest. Keyword Karma. Nothing. Search automated security systems. Keyword Karma. We're missing something. Search security camera image database. Text recognition Karma.
Section: Karma isn't a weapon, it's a woman.
Farid: Chloe Lynch. Former employee of TACITUS. Recently resigned.
Section: Now we know her name. We can track her location on the ship.
Salazar: Upstairs, Club Solar. Section, you hear that? More PMCs outside the door.
Section: Farid, we have enemies right outside. No way round. Open the CRC room door. Harper, Karma is not a weapon. She's a girl, I'm sending you her picture now.
Harper: Got it. Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! That's the chick I saw in the elevator!
Section: She's in Club Solar, but you'd better make it there fast. The PMCs are moving on her right now.
Harper: I'm on it.
Section: Split up. Take the elevator to the upper floor.
Section: I'll regroup with Harper.
Harper: Chloe! you need to come with me now!
Karma: Who the hell are you? How do you know my...
Harper: I'm Mike Harper, a Navy Seal.
Karma: Get the fuck away from me!
Harper: Listen, you hear me? Your life is in danger. Terrorists are coming for you now!
Karma: Terrorist? What are you talking about?
Harper: Chloe! They've been sent by Raul Menendez!
Section: Secure her Harper. We're on our way. Harper, where are you?
Harper: We're on the dance floor.
Section: On my way.
Salazar: Section, I'm in position on the club balcony.