- Step 1: Log onto official website Log on to your candidate's official website. It will list dozens of ways you can help, from putting signs in your yard to campaign widgets you can embed in your blog.
- TIP: If you're planning to volunteer, decide how many hours per week you can devote and what tasks you'd like to perform before offering your services.
- Step 2: Send fundraising email Send a fundraising email to everyone you know and ask them to pass it on. It should include reasons why you support the candidate, especially compelling information that is not widely known.
- Step 3: Join online discussions & blog Spread the word by joining online discussions and writing your own blog.
- Step 4: Write letter to editor Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper about why you believe it's important to support your candidate.
- TIP: You'll have a better chance of getting published if your letter is short, witty, and to the point. Check spelling and grammar, too.
- Step 5: Organize fundraiser Organize a fundraiser. It doesn't have to be anything lavish--it could be a car wash with like-minded friends.
- Step 6: Call talk radio stations Call some talk radio stations. Check your candidate's website for phone numbers of shows in your area.
- Step 7: Vote Vote! It's the best contribution you can make.
- FACT: On average, only one out of seven people turn out to vote in a primary election.
You Will Need
- Desire to help