- Step 1: Decide where Decide beforehand where you want to take her, if you’re lucky enough to get the date. To a fancy restaurant? A movie? Something more original? If possible, choose something that appeals to her interests.
- Step 2: Look your best Look your best. You don’t have to be Brad Pitt to get a date, but it will help if you’re well groomed.
- TIP: Wear clothes you feel comfortable in. Now is not the time to experiment with a whole new look that may make you feel self-conscious or awkward.
- Step 3: Pick your moment Pick your moment. Asking a girl for a date when she’s rushed or with other people may torpedo your chances. Wait until it’s just you two and you’re not likely to be interrupted.
- Step 4: Be yourself Be yourself. A sincere geek comes across far better than a guy doing a poor imitation of James Bond.
- TIP: If you wear cologne, go easy on it: You want to date her, not knock her out.
- Step 5: Compliment her When it’s time to make your move, begin by paying her a compliment. She’ll feel good about herself and look kindly on you. But be sincere—no one likes to be patronized.
- TIP: A funny comment can lighten the mood—just make sure it’s not at her expense! Everyone likes someone who can make them laugh.
- Step 6: Ask her out Take the plunge and ask her out. Nervous? Remind yourself that she can only say 'yes' or 'no.'
- Step 7: If she says no If she says no, don’t take it personally. You’re not attracted to everyone either, right? Plus, her rejection may have nothing to do with you.
- Step 8: If she says yes If she says yes, set a date and time immediately. Now go home and get ready for your date. And whatever you do, don’t be late!
- FACT: The average single person will go on at least 100 dates in his or her lifetime.
You Will Need
- A little courage
- Some self-assurance
- Your best set of clothes