- Step 1: Give them the shirt off your back Give them the shirt off your back. Yes, literally: If your vomiting left their top a stinky mess and yours untouched, give them your shirt.
- Step 2: Clean up the mess Clean up any vomit that landed beyond their person. They shouldn’t have to deal with the collateral splatter.
- Step 3: Pay all necessary bills Pay any necessary bills, like dry cleaning or rug cleaning. And don't just offer to pay, do it.
- TIP: Treat them to a professional car cleaning if you threw up in their vehicle.
- Step 4: Apologize Apologize immediately -- and profusely. Afterward, send a note and a small gift to really show your remorse. If money is tight, do them a favor instead.
- Step 5: Don't joke about it Don't joke about the incident, ever. Trust us: The memory of you puking on them may be funny to you, but it will never be funny to them.
- FACT: The worst sound in the world is someone vomiting, according to a survey in which people ranked 34 different sounds.
You Will Need
- Shirt off your back
- Financial responsibility
- Written apology
- Gift or favor
- Car cleaning (optional)