- Step 1: Stand in position Stand upright with your feet together and your arms by your sides.
- Step 2: Move feet out, arms overhead In one jumping motion, move your feet out to the sides until they’re approximately shoulder width apart. At the same time, arc you arms overhead until your hands touch.
- Step 3: Jump back As soon as your feet hit the floor and your hands touch (in unison), jump back to your starting position by bringing your feet together and arcing your hands to your sides.
- TIP: To speed up your jumping jacks, stay on your toes throughout the jumps.
- Step 4: Find rhythm Find a rhythm that you can sustain for 25 to 50 jumps.
- FACT: Jack LaLanne popularized the jumping jack in America, but history suggests the inventor was another Jack: John 'Black Jack' Pershing, a tactical officer from West Point in World War I.
You Will Need
- Comfortable workout clothes
- Athletic shoes