- Step 1: Place a fake critter in their bed Place a rubber critter next to your chosen victim while they're sleeping. If you can do so without waking them, position it in their arms like a stuffed animal.
- TIP: Bugs, mice, snakes, and bats are the most common fears among Americans.
- Step 2: Appear in a bathroom mirror Don a scary mask and creep quietly behind your victim while they have the bathroom vanity mirror open. When your friend closes the mirror, your reflection will appear out of nowhere.
- TIP: Heighten the effect by striking just after they've showered. The mirror will be steamy, making your reflection even scarier.
- Step 3: Imitate a confined space Recreate the panic of claustrophobia. Cut the bottom off of a large cardboard box. Then, while your victim is asleep, place the box over their head and proceed to bang loudly. They won’t know if they're still in bed or 6 feet under.
- Step 4: Hide your hand Target Halloween trick-or-treaters. Cut a hole in a candy bag, and when revelers arrive at your door, stick one hand inside and hold the bag with the other. When eager fingers reach for the treats, pop out and grab them.
- Step 5: Use the computer Scare someone digitally by sending them an online game or video that ends with a scream and terrifying image.
- FACT: The fear of acquiring a phobia is called phobophobia.
You Will Need
- Rubber critter
- Scary mask
- Bathroom mirror
- Cardboard box
- Paper bag
- Shower (optional)