- Step 1: Take a risk Go as Joel Goodsen, Tom Cruise's character in Risky Business: All you need is a pink button-down shirt, white tube socks -- and the nerve to go out in your tighty-whities!
- Step 2: Be a rebel Be a Rebel Without a Cause. Become James Dean's character, Jim Stark, by wearing jeans, a white T-shirt, and a red zippered jacket, worn with the collar turned up.
- TIP: If your hair is long enough, style it in a pompadour.
- Step 3: Go to Casablanca Transform yourself into suave nightclub owner Rick Blaine, Humphrey Bogart's character in Casablanca. All you need for this easy homemade Halloween costume for men is a trench coat, a fedora, and a cigarette.
- Step 4: Be a terror Assume the role of Malcolm McDowell's character Alex in A Clockwork Orange by wearing white pants, suspenders, and shirt; combat boots; and a bowler hat. Apply false eyelashes, top and bottom, to 1 eye only, and carry a walking stick -- menacingly.
- TIP: To complete the creepy look, wear a jockstrap over your pants.
- Step 5: Be an adventurer Become Indiana Jones with khaki pants, a rumpled safari shirt with one sleeve ripped off, and a brown felt fedora. Carry a bullwhip in case you get in a tussle with any of the preceding characters. Happy Halloween!
- FACT: Nearly 20 percent of Americans make homemade Halloween costumes every year.
You Will Need