- Step 1: Avoid heavy foundation Don’t wear heavy foundation that looks like it was applied with a spatula. Do choose a color that matches your skin tone. A different colored cheek and neck appalls men and women alike.
- Step 2: Keep it real with lips Avoid lipstick colors that are nowhere near the shade of actual lips. If you use a lip pencil, make sure it matches your lipstick perfectly; men don't like lips whose outline they can see from a mile away.
- Step 3: Don't overpluck Don't overpluck your eyebrows and then pencil in thin ones; most men find that look about as appealing as a unibrow.
- TIP: The products that help eyelashes grow can also be used on eyebrows.
- Step 4: Watch the blush Apply blush with a light touch. When men see crazy red cheeks, they think of their great aunt Ethel.
- Step 5: Ditch the panda eyes Smoky eye makeup can be sexy, but don't go overboard. Many men think it's only a good look for a panda.
- Step 6: Eschew blue Don't even think about blue eye shadow, unless it's veeeery subtle. Most men find bright blue eye makeup clownish -- especially when it's paired with the previous no-no's. So, can we get you a washcloth?
- TIP: 20 percent of men wish their partner would wear less makeup, according to one survey.
You Will Need
- Light touch
- Muted colors
- Healthy eyebrows
- Eyelash growing treatment (optional)