- Step 1: Make a pageant sash Cut a pageant sash out of white material and write a "Miss" title for yourself. Wear over a long dress and throw on a crown or tiara if you have one.
- Step 2: Be a play on words Think of a play on words that's easy to construct, like wearing a slip that says "Freud" or tossing on a white sheet and carrying a pen and paper to go as a "ghost writer."
- TIP: Google "puns" or "idioms" for ideas of phrases you can play off of.
- Step 3: Be the Walk of Shame Smear mascara under your eyes; muss your hair; wear a short skirt and a top that's either inside out or buttoned incorrectly; and carry a pair of stiletto shoes to be the "Walk of Shame."
- Step 4: Color me death Be every Mac user's worst nightmare: the spinning beach ball of death. Wear a single muted color and carry around a rainbow umbrella, spinning it at people with a menacing look on your face.
- Step 5: Be an animal hoarder Carry a bunch of stuffed animals -- or attach them to your clothes -- and go as an animal hoarder
- Step 6: Be yourself Don't wear a costume at all -- but pretend you're wearing one so clever that no one's been able to figure it out. Spend the whole night making people guess, and shaking your head smugly at their stupidity. Halloween joke's on them!
- FACT: Nearly 2 in 5 U.S. adults who plan to dress up for Halloween have no idea what their costume will be less than a week before the holiday, according to a 2010 poll.
You Will Need
- Costume materials
- Optional: Search engine