- Step 1: Soak item Soak the stained item in the sink or basin of cool water for up to 30 minutes.
- TIP: If the item is a delicate fabric, you can also try soaking the stain with denatured alcohol, then flushing with white vinegar.
- Step 2: Treat with remover Treat the stain with the stain remover, according to product directions.
- TIP: You can also try pouring salt on the stain, letting it sit for a few minutes, removing the salt, and laundering.
- Step 3: Wash item Wash the item as you usually do.
- TIP: If it's safe for the fabric, add chlorine bleach to the wash.
- Step 4: Dry item Dry the item in the dryer or on a rack or clothesline, then put it on and go drink some more wine—white wineÉ
- FACT: The 2004 movie Sideways sang the praises of pinot noir so persuasively that sales of the wine spiked—reportedly by as much as 45 percent!
You Will Need
- A sink or basin of cool water
- Prewash stain remover
- A washing machine