- Step 1: Say it in French Say "Happy New Year" in French: Bonne Année!
- Step 2: Give the greeting in German Bestow New Year wishes in German: Gluckliches neues Jahr!
- Step 3: Say it in Chinese Say it in standard, or Mandarin, Chinese: Xin Nian Kuai Le
- TIP: The Chinese language has many dialects, so pronunciations vary from region to region.
- Step 4: Tell it to an Italian Say "Happy New Year" to an Italian: Buon anno!
- Step 5: Wish it in Russian Wish Happy New Year in Russian: Snovum Go-dum
- Step 6: Give your salutation in Spanish Say it in Spanish: Feliz Ano Nuevo!
- Step 7: Give greeting in Japanese Give a New Year's greeting in Japanese: Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu
- FACT: The classic New Year's song "Auld Lang Syne" began as a poem written by Scottish writer Robert Burns in 1788.
You Will Need