So the question is what do we do if our pet snake bites us? Well, the one thing that we can do is we can relax knowing that all of our pet snakes are not venomous. There is a misconception that if our pet snake bites us, we have to suck the venom out. No, that isn't something that we need to do. Relax, you don't need to do anything like that. They do carry bacteria in their mouth that can cause infection, one we have to be very careful about is salmonella.
So if your snake does bit you number one, don't panic. Calmly disengage the snake from your finger, if it's your finger. Most of the time the strike will be quick and be done, because it's an accident while feeding. Although the bite may hurt a little bit, they have smaller teeth. Use some soap and water and gently cleanse the wound. Pat it dry and then call your doctor. It's your physician who needs to go from there, to tell you how to care for it.