- Step 1: Get on hands & knees Get down on your hands and knees. Your hands should be pointing forward and aligned underneath your shoulders, and your knees should be aligned underneath your hips.
- Step 2: Inhale & arch back Inhale, and slowly arch your back over a count of 5, dropping your belly towards the floor and raising your head, chest, and tailbone up.
- TIP: Don’t overuse your lower back muscles; let gravity do most of the work.
- Step 3: Hold stretch Hold the stretch for 3 seconds.
- Step 4: Exhale & round back Exhale, and slowly round your back over a count of 5, dropping your head and tailbone down and pulling your belly inwards
- Step 5: Hold stretch Hold the stretch for 3 seconds.
- TIP: To vary the stretch, rotate your midsection in a clockwise circle as you arch up and then down. Repeat 5-8 times and then rotate counter-clockwise for the same number of times.
- Step 6: Repeat stretch Repeat the stretch 3-5 times in each direction.
- FACT: Americans spend an estimated $24 billion a year on back pain treatments.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothes
- A floor