- Step 1: Wrap rope Wrap the end of the rope around the ring or post, from back to front.
- Step 2: Pass end under Pass the end under the remaining rope and bring it straight up.
- Step 3: Wrap rope again Wrap the end around the ring or post again, this time front to back.
- Step 4: Pull end through loop Pull the end straight down through the loop you've just created.
- Step 5: Tighten knot Pull the remaining rope to tighten the knot.
- FACT: Also known as the Lanyard Hitch, this knot requires tension on both ends to work—hence the horse or cow.
You Will Need
- A single length of rope
- Something to hitch to
- such as a post
- or ring