- Step 1: Chill glass Fill the glass with ice and water and set it aside to chill.
- Step 2: Add ice, rum, lime juice, & syrup to blender Add one cup of ice to the blender, followed by the light rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- TIP: To make simple syrup, simply boil two parts sugar to one part water for about 10 minutes. Let cool before using.
- Step 3: Blend ingredients Blend the ingredients for about 15 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- TIP: For added color and sweetness, add a handful of fruit, like strawberries or pineapple.
- Step 4: Pour in glass Empty the now-chilled glass and pour in the contents of the blender.
- Step 5: Insert straw & sip Insert a straw, sip, and imagine yourself lolling under an umbrella on the sun-bleached sands of Daiquiri beach.
- FACT: Ernest Hemingway and John F. Kennedy were both big fans of the daiquiri — though probably neither was responsible for inaugurating National Daiquiri Day, celebrated every year on July 19.
You Will Need
- A tall glass
- A blender
- 2.0 oz Light rum
- 1.0 oz Lime juice
- 1.25 oz Simple syrup
- A straw
- Some fruit of your choice