- Step 1: Remove shower curtain Remove your shower curtain.
- Step 2: Wash cloth curtains If the curtains are cloth, clean them in the washing machine with some detergent.
- Step 3: Wash vinyl curtains For a vinyl shower curtain, put it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle along with a cup of white vinegar, detergent and a handful of towels.
- TIP: If your shower curtain is vinyl but you don't have a washing machine, you can rinse it outside with a garden hose, then scrub it with a sponge and an all-purpose cleaner, according to product directions.
- Step 4: Dry curtains Dry cloth curtains in the dryer, and promptly line-dry vinyl curtains. Now you can shower with confidence.
- FACT: The shower as a tool for hygiene dates back to ancient Greece.
You Will Need
- A washing machine
- Laundry detergent
- White vinegar
- And a few towels
- A garden hose
- A scrub brush
- All-purpose cleaner