- Step 1: Use them as postcards Cut off any picture side that doesn’t have writing on the back, and save them to send next year as Christmas postcards.
- Step 2: Cut into gift tags Cut them up into gift tags. This is an easy craft that kids enjoy.
- Step 3: Create napkin rings Create cute napkin rings just by cutting the cards into strips, rolling them up, and taping or gluing them.
- Step 4: Construct holiday coasters Cut pieces of cardboard and Christmas card covers into matching shapes for coasters and glue them together. Then varnish with a decoupage glue, which can be found in craft stores.
- Step 5: Devise a sign Fashion a Merry Christmas or Season’s Greetings sign by cutting each card into a separate letter that spells out the message. Affix your message to a door or window, or hang them from ribbon.
- TIP: If you’re giving books as holiday gifts, cut a colorful card into strips and tuck one in each as a bookmark.
- Step 6: Make a sachet Make a sachet simply by gluing the bottom and sides of a holiday card, inserting some potpourri, punching two holes in the top edges, and tying with ribbon. Hang it on your Christmas tree or over a doorknob.
- FACT: Twenty-eight percent of people buy holiday cards but never get around to sending them.
You Will Need
- Christmas cards
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- regular and decoupage
- Ribbon or string