- Step 1: Form bend Fold one end of the thicker rope back on itself to form a bend (or "bight") that looks like an "U" shaped, tipped on its left side.
- Step 2: Slip thin rope through bight Slip one end of the thinner rope through the bight from behind.
- Step 3: Wrap thin rope around arms Now wrap the end of the thinner rope around both arms of the bight, crossing over the short arm first (and staying below the trailing end of thin rope).
- Step 4: Pass thin rope Bringing the end of the thinner rope around to the front, pass it between itself and the short arm.
- Step 5: Tighten knot Tighten the knot by pulling both ends of the thinner rope.
- FACT: The Sheet Bend is the primary knot used in the making of nets.
You Will Need
- A length of thick rope
- A length of thin rope