- Step 1: Choose dealer Choose a dealer, who shuffles and cuts the deck of cards, then deals seven cards face-down to each player.
- Step 2: Start betting The player to the dealer's left starts a round of betting.
- Step 3: Pass 3 cards Every player chooses three cards to pass to the player on his or her left. When the dealer gives the order, all players pass simultaneously.
- Step 4: 2nd round of betting The player to the dealer's left then starts a second round of betting.
- Step 5: Pass 2 cards Every player passes two cards to the player on his or her left, and a third round of betting begins.
- TIP: For more fun, alternate between passing cards to the left, right, or across the table.
- Step 6: Pass 1 card Every player passes one card to the player on his or her left, and a fourth round of betting begins.
- Step 7: Select 5 best cards Players select their best five cards and stack them face-down on the table in front of them.
- Step 8: Turn over top card When the dealer gives the order, every player simultaneously turns over the top card on his or her stack. The player with the highest card showing starts another betting round.
- Step 9: Turn over next card When the dealer gives the order, every player simultaneously turns over the next card on the top of his or stack, and the player with the highest hand showing starts another betting round.
- Step 10: Continue process The flipping and betting process is repeated twice more until each player has all but one card showing. A final round of betting begins.
- TIP: To make things even more venomous, make the last round of betting "no-limit."
- Step 11: Flip final card After the last round of betting, the final card is flipped, and the player with the highest poker hand wins the pot.
- FACT: While the python may be longer, the South American anaconda is the world's biggest snake, weighing over 500 pounds.
You Will Need
- A standard deck of playing cards
- Poker chips or money to bet with
- A group of players
- A table or surface to play on