- Step 1: Sit & plant feet Sit on the chair with your back straight and your feet planted on the floor.
- Step 2: Cross leg & hold Lift and cross your right leg over your left, holding it with your right hand.
- Step 3: Rotate clockwise Using your left hand, gently rotate your right ankle clockwise, going through the complete range of motion. Repeat this rotation 10-20 times.
- Step 4: Rotate counter-clockwise Now rotate your ankle counter-clockwise the same number of times, again making sure that you go through the complete range of motion.
- Step 5: Release & repeat Release your ankle, uncross your right leg, and place your foot back on the floor. Repeat the stretch in both directions with your left ankle.
- Step 6: Release leg Release your left leg.
- FACT: Some scientists say that what separates human beings from apes and their ancient predecessors is the ability to run—the larger surface areas of human ankle joints and elongated Achilles tendon help humans do just that.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing
- A floor or chair