- Step 1: Pass end of rope Pass the end of the rope up through the ring from below.
- Step 2: Bring behind other end Bring it down and behind the remaining end—or "standing part"—of the rope.
- Step 3: Pass end through loop Bring the end back up and pass it through the eye of the loop you've just formed.
- Step 4: Tighten Pull it tight to complete the Half Hitch.
- FACT: The Half Hitch is basically an Overhand Knot tied around an object.
You Will Need
- A single length of rope
- Something to hitch to
- such as a post
- or ring