- Step 1: Make "Q" shape Cross the end of the rope over the top of the remaining rope, making a "Q" shape.
- TIP: Be sure to give your "Q" a very long tail—you'll need some extra length to complete the knot.
- Step 2: Pass end through loop Take the end of the rope, or the tail of the "Q," and pass it horizontally behind both legs of the loop.
- Step 3: Pull bottom left edge over top edge Reach down behind the horizontal and pull the bottom left edge of the Q up behind it, then over the top edge of the "Q."
- Step 4: Tighten knot Pull up on the loop you just created until the knot has tightened, and whether you're a man or woman, consider yourself harnessed.
- FACT: Soldiers often use this knot to drag gun carriages from battle to battle, earning it another name: the Artillery Loop.
You Will Need
- A single length of rope